Communication is essential as this situation is developing and changing every day. We created this page as a way to relay information about COVID-19 and list resources available to assist those in our community. Remember, we’re all in this together. Let’s continue to support each other and to look out for those in our community who might need extra support during these times.
SAFETY PROCEDURES FOR WEEKEND MASS AT ST MATTHEW PARISH
Beginning Saturday, August 1st the Governor’s Emergency Order requires the wearing of face coverings. If you are not able to wear a face covering for particular conditions, we would ask to sit in the designated seating area. St. Matthew Parish has been and will continue the appropriate social distancing guidelines and precautions being taken.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- If uncomfortable about attending or if you do not feel well – please stay home for your safety and the safety of others
- Please wear a mask for safety of all, including you
- Respect the 6 feet physical distancing at all times, unless of course you are family
- We will have hand sanitizer throughout the church for your use
- Eucharistic Ministers will sanitize their hands before and after communion and will wear a mask
- We will set up additional chairs in the gathering space to assist in the physical distancing, as well as taping off every other pew
- Collection baskets will not be passed down the pew, but will be placed in the aisles for your use – we thank you for your generosity
- The gifts of bread and wine will not be brought up, nor will there be the sign of peace
- If you take a bulletin, including music for Mass, take it home with you or throw it away as it will not be reused
- We will continue to offer the communion service on Sunday at 11:45 A.M. to 12:15 P.M. for those of you who feel more comfortable receiving the Lord in communion that way for now
We have been trained for over three months how we are to act to protect one another and we will continue to do so. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.
Look forward to seeing you! Staff of St. Matthew Parish
Diocese of Green Bay COVID-19 Response
Visit the Diocese of Green Bay COVID-19 information and resources page.
What You Need to Know About Coronavirus
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website provides a strong overview of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and includes how to protect yourself, what to do if you are sick, resources for the community and more.
USCCB Statements on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
CDC Handwashing Guide
Wisconsin Department of Health Service's Live Report on outbreaks in Wisconsin
Gov. Evers declares public health emergency due to COVID-19
Wisconsin Department of Health Services Guidance on Mass Gatherings