Prayer is an essential part of being an active, dynamic catholic. We feel connected with God; and put our faith in His hands. It is a tool to help us become the best-version-of-ourselves.
The Prayer Process
In The Four Signs of Dynamic Catholic Matthew Kelly highlights The Prayer Process as a simple way to develop the daily routine of prayer, the first sign of a dynamic Catholic. In The Prayer Process we take time – a minute, two minutes or maybe ten minutes - to spend time with the Lord every day. Pick a specific time when you will pray; ex. Morning Prayer or Night Prayer. It is an intentional way that we grow in our faith. Click here for a PDF of The Prayer Process.
The seven steps of The Prayer Process are as follows:
- Gratitude: Begin by thanking God in a personal dialogue for whatever you are most grateful for today.
- Awareness: Revisit the times of the past twenty-four hours when you were and were not the-best-version-of-yourself. Talk to God about these situations and what you learned from them.
- Significant Moments: Identify something you experienced today and explore what God might be trying to say to you through that event (or person).
- Peace: Ask God to forgive you for any wrong you have committed (against yourself, another person, or Him) and to fill you with a deep and abiding peace.
- Freedom: Speak with God about how he is inviting you to change your life, so that you can experience the freedom to be the-best-version-of-yourself.
- Others: Lift up to God anyone you feel called to pray for today, asking God to bless and guide them.
- Finish by praying the Our Father.
Tools to Help
Noon Pause for Prayer Card Getting and staying on a prayer schedule can seem daunting. Take a pause during the day at Noon to have a conversation with God. Noon Pause for Prayer cards are available in the St. Matthew Gathering Space and Parish Office. Feel free to sign the back to make a commitment to become the best-version-of-yourself.
The Prayer Process Card from Dynamic Catholic In The Four Signs of Dynamic Catholic Matthew Kelly highlights The Prayer Process as a simple way to develop the daily routine of prayer, the first sign of a dynamic Catholic. These pocket-size prayer cards are available in the St. Matthew Gathering Space and Parish Office. The laminated card is designed for you to keep in your wallet or purse so you can take The Prayer Process with you wherever you go. Share these cards with your family and friends. It is an easy way to invite people to begin a life of prayer.