If you are planning to help with VBS but haven’t sent in forms yet please let us know. Those who are Grade 6 and older are invited to be part of our VBS – help lead a group, work with littles in crafts, be part of the Story and Drama team, take pictures, lead outdoor games, etc. Our volunteer meeting normally takes place in early June (exact date TBD).
Without volunteers – of all ages- VBS is simply not possible. Become part of the VBS Team – its fun and a great way to live and share our faith!
Here are the ways you can be part of VBS:
- Construction Crew - Help us build the Roar! safari landscape and activity areas June 10th - 14th. Attendance not required every day.
- Roar! Guide - Each grade of children will have a guide. They will be the group leader.
- Assistant Guide - Assist the Roar! Guide in a group.
- Daycare for volunteers' younger children.
- Crafts - Help the children create the day's craft project.
- Snacks - Help the children and Crafts leaders prepare and serve the snacks for the day.
- Music & Dance Crew - Help teach VBS songs and movements.
- Drama Crew - Help with daily skits presenting the day's Bible lessons.
- Games - Help set up and assist with the day's game.
All volunteers must fill out an application and are expected to attend training sessions. All volunteers over the age of 18 must have a background check and be VIRTUS trained.
Here's the breakdown by grade level:
Just completed 6th grade or older: help in snacks, crafts, games or childcare.
Just completed 7th grade or older: all of the above, or as an assistant guide with a mentor.
Just completed 8th grade, in High School or older: all of the above, or co-lead a group.
Two Ways to Sign Up
Print off and complete the VBS 2019 Volunteer Sign Up. Mail/drop off the completed form at the St. Matthew Parish Office. Paper forms are also available in the St. Matthew Parish Office and in the resource center in the Gathering Space.
Sign up online! Complete the form below including the areas you would like to help with.